Sunday, February 17, 2013

Laos, SABAIDE


Pakse, Laos

Smile Wars.  It happens everywhere I go. I'm staring at them they're staring at me. I crack a smile they one up it. teeth are bared and dimples show. And it all ends with both parties laughing at... Absolutley nothing. It's great. haha Laos has to be my favorite country thus far. Everyone is super happy. Even when I'm not the happiest camper they are still super stoked on everything.
   Oh yea, the constant plethora of waterfalls, climbing, rivers, hiking, exploring, swimming definitely helps in defining this one my favorite.

   Renae and I chased waterfalls around a small transit town in southern laos for a day.  Rented a couple of bikes and headed out towards the horizon.  Saw 3 waterfalls, swam in one which was perfectly refreshing. About 110 km under our belt and we headed back towards town for some refreshments and dinner.  We were racing the sunset to try and dine right next to the Mekong dinner, but were a little late; only catching dusk by the tail.  It was still a nice sight though, getting to watch the red sun sink behind the mountains.  For dinner we went to a nice little restraunt hanging over the river that serves you up with a hot pot and you get to cook your own stew right on the table.  They spoke zero english and so I resorted to drawing a few pictures to try and understand what exactly we were ordering. We ended up with a tasty fish stew.

    The next day we put our little picture menu to work again to try and figure out what the people at the market were selling.  here are some great pictures from the outdoor market.

After spending most of the day with a couple of Aussies we hopped onto a sleeper bus and headed to our next stop vang vieng overnight.













No comments:

Post a Comment